Rubix recruitment are currently seeking candidates for a Site manager role based in West London.
Our client are a residential and commercial property development, housebuilding and construction Group based in London, but working nationwide. Over the past 15 years they have successfully delivered over 1,000 new homes and commercial developments. This Site Manager position is required for a new build block of 14 flats and community hall in Acton. The site manager would supervise and oversee the direction of the project ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and monitoring costs.
The Site managers responsibilities of this role would include:
- Opening and closing site each day
- Organising tools, plant, machinery and materials
- Organising workers
- Supervising construction activities
- Site inductions and tool box talks
- Identifying materials and equipment that may be required
- Ensuring construction is carried out accurately, following plans and specifications
- Ensuring that contractor activities are properly coordinated
- Ensuring that tasks are completed on time and to the required quality standards
- Taking responsibility for health and safety on site
- Maintaining detailed and accurate site reports
- Communicating project progress daily to contracts manager
- Setting out site including levels etc
- Preparing site reports
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licenses
- Programming works and updating project programme
The ideal site manager should have:
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and budgets
- Good communication and team working skills
- The ability to build relationships across a wide range of professionals
- A thorough understanding of the Building Regulations
- An understanding of Health and Safety and first aid
- Valid first aid certificate
- An appropriate Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) card
- Site Supervisor’s Safety Training Scheme (SSTS) or Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) qualification
- £50,000 – £60,000
Consideration will be given to supporting candidates through any on-going professional development.
If you are interested in this role. Please apply with your CV.
- Salary Basic £50,000-60,000