On behalf of a leading industry client, Rubix are currently searching for a Property (Block) Manager to join part of their 20 offices situated across the UK. The successful individual will be based out of the office in Richmond within a newly formed team.
As a Property Manager, you will be joining a specialist operation within the Block Management sector and be responsible for the management of your own portfolio of circa. 550 units across 15 – 20 blocks.
The responsibilities of the Property Manager are as follows, however will not be limited to;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to monitor works and keep directors advised of progress before any part payment or full payment of contractor invoices are authorised
- Preparing specifications for contracts for all blocks managed including cleaning, gardening, window cleaning etc, to issue tenders and appoint contractors
- Issuing contracts to contractors ensuring that they comply with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring all properties in the portfolio are insured including dealing with all claims, renewals and enquiries regarding the policy
- Preparing and issuing draft budgets to Directors for consideration and agree with Board of Directors and approve on PMS computer system
- Drafting and serving S20 notices for major works
- Managing portfolios in accordance with RICS Codes of Practice, ARMA rules and landlord and tenant legislation
- Responding to pre-assignment enquiries
- Ensuring the properties operate as smoothly as possible
- Chasing arrears of service charge and ground rents due on portfolio up to instruction of solicitors.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills;
- A minimum of 12 months’ block/property management experience
- Good understanding of Residential Property Management and current legislation
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Interpersonal skills and customer focused
- Full clean UK driving license
This role offers an individual the opportunity to join a growing organisation, who offer progression and development to management to motivated and driven individuals. Becoming part of a new team you will be offered the potential to progress to senior in a relatively short period of time.
Working hours; Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:30. Salary £30,000 to £35,000 dependent on exp.
Please APPLY with your CV below if you are interested in the above role and would like to be considered for the opportunity.
- Salary Basic £30,000 | OTE £35,000